Enjoy an afternoon of music by pianist Henry Shapiro. Tour the museum or just relax and enjoy the ambiance. Henry is now 96 years young. He began playing piano at age 5 and started playing professionally at age 13. By 16 he had his own big band and played at many dance clubs in Northern New Jersey and around Lake Hopatcong. He studied jazz improvisation and music theory in NYC until his studies were interrupted by World War II. After serving in the South Pacific as a Captain in the Army Air Corp., he worked in his parents retail store in Dover before opening his own stores in Franklin and Sparta. He also continued his music career on nights and weekends until moving to Florida over 30 years ago. He played in clubs and restaurants along the Florida Gulf coast until returning to Morris County three years ago. He still performs regularly in various venues in Morris County, including the Upstream Grill in Jefferson Twp., next to the very spot where he first played professionally 83 years ago. We hope you can join us for a delightful afternoon.
- Holiday Open House – Sunday, December 10 – 2:00 to 5:00
- Dover During World War I – 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM-Sacred Heart gym, Essex Street, Dover
- Benefit for Lake Hopatcong Train Station Renovation
- Pathways of History-Self-guided Weekend Tour of 20 local historic sites
- Annual DAHS Tea – Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 1:00 PM
- Newsletters on