Our walking tours are back! Get out you walking shoes because two are planned for the near future. On Saturday, July 15, at 10:30am our enthusiastic museum curator, Rick Kelly, will lead a tour of the historic sites and buildings downtown, starting at the Dover Public Library across from the JFK Park, which was the turning basin for the canal boats in times past. Rick will tell you about the canal and guide you along Bergen Street to St. John’s Church, the train station, and Stone Academy, then onto Blackwell Street to see and hear about the George Richards building, Mansion House, Baker Theater and the Memorial site. After a short break at the Museum House, you’ll see the Presbyterian Church, walk to Bassett Highway to learn about the Ulster Iron Works, venture down to the Post Office, visit the Dover Dogs, Central Railroad, Dutton Hotel, and back to the library. Tour will last about 1 hour 3o minutes to 2 hours. Rain date is July 22. Tour is free, all are welcome! A tour of Hurd Park, the Jackson Brook and the Doughboy is scheduled for Saturday, Sept 30. Watch for more info about that one. We hope you can join us to learn more about Dover’s historic past.
- Pathways of History-Self-guided Weekend Tour of 20 local historic sites
- Annual DAHS Tea – Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 1:00 PM
- Walking Tour of Hurd Park and the Jackson Brook-Saturday, September 30
- Open House and Ice Cream Social – Sunday August 13, 2017
- Walking Tour of Historic Downtown Dover – July 15, at 10:30 am.
- Newsletters on